Australian Advice Network (AAN) is a financial services licensee that has been built to provide consumers with the advice they have been asking for and deserve.
To act in the clients ‘Best interest’ is a legal requirement and to augment and demonstrate our commitment to this, AAN has negotiated discounts with a number of providers to reduce unnecessary costs in administration and funds management.
Further AAN, as a privately owned licensee, has no financial relationship with or interest in any product provider. The only fees charged to clients are agreed and disclosed annually.
Does this mean AAN is independent?
- Under the Section 923a of the corporations Act, to be independent you must receive no commissions from any provider and AAN does receive commissions on insurance products. Under the Life Insurance Framework (LIF), commissions are the same no matter which provider is used and as such play no real part in the selection of who we would recommend however this means we do not qualify to use the terms ‘independent’.
- AAN does have access to most product providers and through a rigorous selection process, have filtered that list (mainly on the investment side) to providers our investment committee believes can deliver results in the medium to long term.
The directors and shareholders of AAN are the owners of the underlying practices and all have extensive experience in the advice profession. The directors recognise that our clients expect their advisers to:
- hold appropriate qualifications.
- have the technical skills to provide best practice advice.
- have the life experience to help them through lifes’ challenges and opportunities.
- have the business and staff resources to deliver on their service promises.
If you are a client looking for quality advice from professional qualified advisers who offer transparency and real value for money then AAN has an adviser that will suit you.
In a very busy world, our job is to take financial stress away from our clients and give them more time to focus on enjoying their lives and their loved ones.
Our core values
Australian Advice Network members’ mantra is making a meaningful positive difference in our client’s lives.
We do this through:
- Only working with clients we know we can help,
- Sourcing and providing quality professional advice across all facets of a clients financial life, and
- Sustaining a business ethic that always places the clients’ interests and needs at the centre of the advice.
Our stringent education and compliance requirements serve to ensure clients receive advice from competent professionals working with diligence and integrity.